The Analysis of The Researches on Metal-Semiconductor Structures with and without Interfacial Layer in Turkey
Today, there are fairly large number of theoretical and experimental studies on metal-semiconductor structures or Schottky structures which formed by a tight contact of the metal and semiconductor. Having different physical, chemical and electrical properties many materials have been used to produce metal-semiconductor structures with and without interface layer from past to present. The distinctive properties which are not exist at other diodes, open for improvement and widespread use of electronic technology has led scientists to make studies on the metal-semiconductor structures. Considering the scientific studies on metal-semiconductor structures, the examination of the metal-semiconductor and the metal-semiconductor with interfacial layer structures, the observation of its progress over time and the statistical analysis of academic studies in this area in Turkey have been made in this study. The analysis of the academic studies which are scanned in Web of Science database and made in Turkey were performed with data mining by using automated data collection methods and SQL Server Management Studio program. The statistical analysis results show that the academic studies made for every type of MS structures in Turkey increase for almost every year.
Waste tire; Metal-Semiconductor; Interfacial Layer; Schottky Structures; Academic studies; Statistical analysis.
2. Rhoderick EH, Williams RH. Metal Semicondutor Contacts, 2nd ed., Oxford Press, USA, 1988.
3. Farag AAM, Yahia IS, Fadel M. Electrical and photovoltaic characteristics of Au/n-CdS Schottky diode. International
Journal of Hydrogen Energy 34 (2009) 4906-4913.
4. Sharma BL. Metal-Semiconductor Schottky Barrier Junctions and Their Application, Plenum Press, New York, 1984.
5. Sing A, Reinhard KC, Anderson WA. Temperature dependence of the electrical characteristics of Yb/p-InP tunnel metal-insulator-semiconductor junctions. Journal of Applied Physics 68 (1990) 3475-3479.
6. Depas MR, Van Meirhaegh L, Laflere WH, Cardon F. Electrical characteristics of Al/SiO2/n-Si tunnel diodes with an oxide layer grown by rapid thermal oxidation. Solid State Electronics 37 (1994) 433-441.
7. Goetzberger A, Klausmann E, Schulz MJ. Interface states on semiconductor/insulator surfaces. CRC Critical Reviews in Solid State Sciences 6 (1976) 226-233.
8. Ichenko VV, Marin VV, Lin SD, Panarn KY, Buyanin AA, Tretyak OV. Room temperature negative differential capacitance in self-assembled quantum dots. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 41 (2008) 235107.
9. Werner J, Guttler H. Barrier inhomogeneities at Schottky contacts. Journal of Applied Physics, 69 (1991) 1522-1533.
10. Boran F, Akti F. Synthesis and characterization of Poly(HEMA-co-AAc)/Diatomite hydrogel composites: Their
application for heavy metal removal from the aqueous solution. Hittite Journal of Science & Engineering 2:2 (2015) 173-
11. Tamahkar E, Özkahraman B. Potential evaluation of PVA-based hydrogels for biomedical applications. Hittite Journal of Science & Engineering 2:2 (2015) 165-171.
12. Boran F, Akti F. Synthesis of Chitosan-Based Hydrogels as a Novel Drug Release Device for Wound Healing, Hittite Journal of Science & Engineering 4:2 (2017) 137-144.
13. Aydoğan Ş, İncekara Ü, Türüt A. Determination of contact parameters of Au/Carmine/n-Si Schottky device. Thin
Solid Films 518 (2010) 7156-7160.
14. Gupta RK, Singh RA. Fabrication and characteristics of Schottky diode based on composite organics
semiconductor. Composites and Science and Technology 65 (2005) 677-681.
15. Yahia IS, Farag AA, Yakuphanoğlu F, Farooq WA. Temperature dependence of electronic parameters of organic
Schottky diode based on fluorescein sodium salt. Synthetic Metals 161 (2011) 881-887.
16. Çiçek O, Uslu Tecimer H, Tan SO, Tecimer H, Altındal Ş, Uslu İ. Evaluation of electrical and photovoltaic behaviours
as comparative of Au/n-GaAs (MS) diodes with and without pure and graphene (Gr)- doped polyvinyl alcohol (PVA)
interfacial layer under dark and illuminated conditions. Composites Part B 98 (2016) 260-268.
17. Fujimori Y, Nakamura T, Kamisawa A. Properties of ferroelectric memory FET using Sr2(Ta,Nb)2O7 thin film.
Journal of Applied Physics 38 (1999) 2285-2288.
18. Tokomitsu E, Fujii G, Ishivara H. Nonvolatile ferroelectric-gate field effect transistors using
SrBi2Ta2O9/Pt/SrTa2O6/SiON/Si structures. Applied Physics Letter 75:4 (1999) 575-577.
19. Fujisaki Y, Iseki K, Ishiwara H. Long retention performance of a MFIS device achieved by introducing high-k
Al2O3/Si3N4/Si buffer layer. Material Research Society Symposium Proceedings 786 (2004) 297.
20. Wu D, Li A, Ming N. Characteristics of metal-ferroelectric-insulator-semiconductor structure using La-modified
Bi4Ti3O12 as the ferroelectric layer. Microelectronic Engineering 66 (2003) 773-778.
21. Yang Ch-H, Wang Zh, Xu HY, Sun XQ, Han JR. Samarium doped Bi4Ti3O12 thin films grown on SiO2/p-Si (111) by
spin coating metalorganic solution decomposition method. Materials Chemistry and Physics 88 (2004) 67-70.
22. Joshi PC, Krupanidh SB. Structural and electrical studies on rapid thermally processed ferroelectric Bi4Ti3O12 thin
films by metalloorganic solution deposition. Journal of Applied Physics 72:12 (1992) 5817-5819.
23. Lea KC, Kim WS, Park H, Jeon H, Pae YH. Thermal-stress stability of yttrium oxide as a buffer layer of metal-
ferroelectric-insulator-semiconductor field effect transistor. Thin Solid Films 473 (2005) 335– 339.
24. Hill WAC, Coleman CC. A single-frequency approximation for interface-state density determination. Solid State
Electronics 23 (1980) 987-993.
25. Yu J, Wang H, Dong X, Zhou W, Wang Y, Zheng Y, Zhao J. Fabrication and characteristics of Au/PZT/BIT/p-Si
ferroelectric memory diode. Solid-State Electronics 45 (2001) 411-415.
26. Dakhel AA. Nanocrystalline Pr-doped ZnO insulator for metal–insulator–Si Schottky diodes. Journal of Crystal
Growth 311 (2009) 4183-4187.
27. Tataroğlu A, Altındal Ş. Gamma-ray irradiation effects on the interface states of MIS structures. Sensors and
Actuators A: Physical 151 (2009) 168-172.
28. Chen G, Yu J, Lai PT. A study on MIS Schottky diode-based hydrogen sensor using La2O3 as gate insulator.
Microelectronics Reliability 52 (2012) 1660-1664.
29. Filip LD, Pintilie L, Stancu V, Pintilie I. Simulation of the capacitance-voltage characteristic in the case of epitaxial
ferroelectric films with Schottky contacts. Thin Solid Films 592 (2015) 200-206.
30. Tan SO, Türker İ, Toku T. The scientific studies on smart grid in selected European countries. MATEC Web of
Conferences 112 (2017) 10012.
31. Tan SO. Schottky Yapılar Üzerine İnceleme ve Analiz Çalışması. Journal of Polytechnic 21: 4 (2018) 977-989.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
All the intellectual property rights of the papers accepted for the publication belong to the Hittite Journal of Science & Engineering.