Lightweight Design of Rotor Supporting for Large Permanent Magnet Direct Drive Wind Generator
Under the action of electromagnetic force, mechanical force and gravity, the radial de-formation of rotor supporting must meet the design standard while ensuring the light-est mass. At first, the mathematical model of single objective optimization is established. Then, the objective function is optimized by the combination of genetic algorithm and fi-nite element method (GA-FEM). With the help of this method, the optimal design param-eters of the rotor supporting are obtained. This paper takes the actual rotor supporting of 7MW prototype as the optimization object. The optimal solution of this structure without the lightweight holes can be obtained by first optimization. And then, the optimal solution of the final structure with the lightweight holes is obtained by the second optimization. The final simulation shows that the stiffness can be met while reducing the mass by 40%.
Waste tire; Wind generator; Optimization; Mathematical model; Genetic algorithm; Finite element method.
2. T. M. Jahns. The expanding role of PM machines in direct-drive applications, 2011 International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems. (2011) 1-8.
3. Wang J, Luo S.M., Su Deyu. Multi-objective optimal design of cycloid speed reducer based on genetic algorithm. Mechanism and Machine Theory 102 (2016) 139-148.
4. Wu Z.Y, Qu R.H, Li J., et al., Lightweight Design of Rotor Supporting Structure of Large PM Wind Generator Based on Response Surface Model. 2015 18th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), pp.
5. Gui S.G., Optimal design of product structure based on ANSYS APDL. Modular Machine Tool & Automatic
Manufacturing Technique 07 (2010) 92-96.
6. Wu Z.Y, Qu R.H, Li J., et al. Structure optimization of rotor supporting of permanent magnet direct drive synchronous generators for large wind turbine based on genetic algorithm and finite element method. 2015 IEEE International
Electric Machines & Drives Conference (IEMDC), vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1755-1760, 2015.
7. N. Taran and M. Ardebili. Efficiency optimization of an axial flux permanent magnet synchronous generator for low
speed wind power applications. 2014 22nd Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), pp. 539-544, 2014.
8. A. Mahmoudi, S. Kahourzade, N.A. Rahim, et al., Design, analysis and prototyping of an axial flux permanent magnet
motor based on Genetic Algorithm and Finite-Element Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 4, pp.
9. M.J. Navardi, B. Babaghorbani, A. Ketabi. Efficiency improvement and torque ripple minimization of switched
reluctance motor using FEM and seeker optimization algorithm. Energy Conversion and Managem- ent, 78 (2013) 237-
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
All the intellectual property rights of the papers accepted for the publication belong to the Hittite Journal of Science & Engineering.