A New Demodulator For Inverse Pulse Position Modulation Technique
Inverse pulse position modulation is one of the modulation techniques for Visible Light Communication (VLC) systems. In this paper, a new demodulator scheme, which is named as Slot Period Detector (SPD), is proposed by using frequency detection technique. The proposed architecture computes the period time for each slot. Thanks to SPD technique, the complexity of I-PPM receiver is dramatically reduced. However, the traditional receiver has a good Bit Error Rate (BER) performance than that of proposed SPD structure. The SPD is implemented on Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) board to demonstrate applicable receiver
I-PPM, Demodulator, Visible light communication
2. Sugiyama H, Haruyama S, Nakagawa M. Experimental investigation of modulation method for visible-light communications. IEICE Trans.Communications, vol. E89-B (2006) 3393-3400.
3. Ma X, Lee K, Lee, K. Appropriate modulation scheme for visible light communication systems considering illumination. Electron. Lett., 48 (2012) 1137–1139.
4. Jeong JD, Lim SK, Jang IS, Kim MS, Kang TG, Chong JW. Novel Architecture for Efficient Implementation of Dimmable VPPM in VLC Lightings. ETRI Journal, 36 (2014) 905-912.
5. Noh J, Lee S, Kim J, Ju M, Park Y. A dimming controllable VPPM-based VLC system and its implementation. Optics Communications 343 (2015) 34-37.
6. Lee S, Ahn BG, Ju M, Park Y. A modified VPPM algorithm of VLC systems suitable for fast dimming environment. Optics Communications 365 (2016) 43-48.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
All the intellectual property rights of the papers accepted for the publication belong to the Hittite Journal of Science & Engineering.